Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thanksgiving.

This weekend coming in Canada is Thanksgiving... we celebrate thanksgiving in Canada because we are truly grateful for the life that we have, for a bountiful harvest, for peace, and so much more;

In 1879 Canadian Parliament proclaimed: A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed...

How awesome is that? Now this is just for our Canadian Parliament... Martin Frobisher the arctic explorer was said to have celebrated it in 1578... and way before that our First Nations and Native Americans were celebrating their harvest festivals.

Thanksgiving is a heart celebration, a small moment in time to stop, breathe, look around you, see that God is good, and that we have much to celebrate. We are truly blessed. I've never been in a situation so bad, or frustrating that if I took a moment, I couldn't find something to be thankful for... I just have to take that moment.

This will be my third year not being in Canada to celebrate one of my absolute favourite holidays -Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter round out this girl's trio of celebrations- and I am kinda sad about it. I miss the crispness in the air, I miss the craziness of trying to get 100 dishes to the table at the same time, I miss trying to squeeze 15 people around an 8 seater table... I miss that moment of looking around at the chaos, whispering a thank you, and feeling absolute peace in my heart.

There are no markers here in Vietnam to show us that the seasons are changing- I'm sure the Vietnamese people have markers, I'm sure they see that the seasons are changing- but I don't. It's hot, wet, and hot and wet, and somedays it's wet and hot. That's about how I see it here... So no way to be reminded that the seasons are changing... to stop and give thanks, to see the coloured leaves...

I haven't decided what I will cook to celebrate our personal Thanksgiving, or if I will order a roasted chicken for the Mister... how I will make stuffing with no spices? where to find orange sweet potatoes? What about pumpkin pie? I have no idea... but what I do know for sure is that I will take a moment, and sit and ponder this crazy life that I am so grateful for.

What is your heart grateful for this Canadian Thanksgiving?
Share the love,
M.

LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks to The Lord, Thanksgiving Printable, Home decor, Personal use Only, www.lostbumblebee.net
LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks to The Lord
Personal use Only
LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks, Thanksgiving Printable, Home decor, Personal use Only, www.lostbumblebee.net
LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks
Personal Use Only









LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks- Facebook Cover Image - Personal Use only (not for print 72dpi)
LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks- Facebook Cover Image
Personal Use only (not for print 72dpi)

LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks- Facebook Cover Image - Personal Use only (not for print 72dpi)
LostBumblebee ©2016 Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good.
 Facebook Cover Image - Personal Use only (not for print 72dpi)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...