Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Beloved Mess... a book review.

Have you ever read a book that came to you at the perfect time, in the perfect moment, packaged perfectly to speak into your life? This is Beloved Mess for me. Just when I needed it most, I started reading it. Just when I was confronted with a situation in which I needed to show grace, I was in the middle of it. Just when I feel like a failure at giving grace... I read the final words, and grace floods over me... soaks me, and I just melt into it and know... that I am ok. All is ok.

I can't recommend this book enough, for everyone... everyone who ever felt they didn't measure up, for everyone who ever felt like somehow you were just not good enough, for anyone who ever thought that grace is great for others, but I just don't deserve it... for those covered in shame, hurt, heartache... this book is for you, this book is full of hope,  overflowing in love, and just absolutely dripping grace... from every page... it's ok to not measure up, none of us do, and we never will...

I have been blessed over the years to be able to read and review books, and I tell you the honest truth, I was never really that interested in sharing my thoughts about them. But this one, I can't say it enough or loud enough- you need to read it! I needed to read it. I need to reread it. I need to get it into my heart... it is a simple explanation of the most complicated yet most simple concept ever... grace... how did I miss this all these years?

I've created 2 prints to stand as reminders that you are His Beloved... His Beloved Mess... and you are just perfect in His eyes...

My official review... It doesn't even do justice to the impact this book has had on my heart...

Have you read this book?

Share the love,
M.

Beloved Mess: God's Perfect Love for Your Imperfect Life 
Kimm Crandall

Grace. What’s so awesome about Grace? How about the fact that we don’t deserve it, yet our entire lives are enrobed in it, dripping with it, and yet some of us still don’t see it.  Kimm’s book, Beloved Mess, is just what the doctor ordered, it’s the unveiling of this truth, this grace, it’s the peeling away the layers of the most mysterious, yet most simple concept ever. Grace. We don’t deserve it, we can never earn it, it is given to us because of Jesus. Period. 

This book is a small, yet powerful book, with chapters and questions that lead you into a discussion- either with others in a group, or with yourself. Answering the guided questions helps you come up with a personal understanding of just how amazing this grace is. 

Personally this book for me was an eye opener, it talked about what we think we know to be true, versus what is really true. 

Now, just because we have this knowledge, doesn’t mean -by any means- that it will all of a sudden be implemented in our lives. It will be a journey, maybe a journey that we suck at… but the amazing thing is this; the knowledge that we are all a mess, and we will never live up to the the Law, and there is nothing we can do to earn it… we are complete and utter mess-ups… and that is exactly why Christ came to die.  He wasn’t a mess-up. He is perfect, and when God looks down on us, He sees us enrobed in all of the love and goodness that is Jesus… and showers us  little mess-ups with His grace. We can’t get away from it, even if we try. We are soaked and slathered in it every moment of every day. No matter how far you try to get, how far you run, you cannot outrun the love and the grace that abounds towards you.

I read the digital version of this book, and I cannot wait to get a hard copy, the hubby and I are living abroad and so getting the physical book is a little difficult. But this is one book that I will be adding to my personal library, and sharing with my friends. It is a book that I feel everyone needs to read. I loved it, and I will be rereading it, and hopefully starting a book club so I can share it with others.

Beloved Mess unravels the beauty of this amazing grace that we so desperately need in our lives, that’s slathered over us daily, and yet we still don’t see it, or feel it… this book helps peel away the blinders we put on either by personal expectations and or the expectations of others. 

Read this book, get lost in the simplicity of grace, let it roll over you and flood every area of your life, swim in it, soak it up, and share it with others… 



Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


LostBumblebee ©2016 MDBN : Beloved Zephaniah 3:17 : Bible : Home decor : Donate to download : Printable for PERSONAL USE ONLY : www.lostbumblebee.net
LostBumblebee ©2016 MDBN
Beloved Zephaniah 3:17
personal use only
LostBumblebee ©2016 MDBN : Beloved Zephaniah 3:17 : Bible : Home decor : Donate to download : Printable for PERSONAL USE ONLY : www.lostbumblebee.net
LostBumblebee ©2016 MDBN
Beloved Zephaniah 3:17
personal use only



No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...